- how much power the computer needs
- how big my batteries need to be
- how to charge the batteries using the solar panels
- if my battery voltage is different than my computers voltage, what might i need to add or change to give the right voltage to the computer
- how much power can i save compared to when i was not using solar power
- would a smaller computer be more energy efficient than a bigger one
- how do i measure work per energy unit for each computer
I need batteries because solar energy comes from the sun and if, say a cloud passed there would suddenly be less power , the when the cloud went away, there would be more power. Really only appliances made to withstand these rapid power swerves can withstand them for long, however, if you just charge the batteries with the solar power then you can discharge continuous power from the batteries for the computer.