Quick update on using a more recent version of zfs:
- very glad I set up a user who’s home directory is not /home, because if zfs doesn’t finish a scan, no /home
- attempting to install zfsnap, simplesnapshot, things that depend on zfsutils…all mess with kernel module
- this was much easier back when there were less options and ppa:zfslinux-stable was available, didn’t have near this amount of difficulty
- glad that zfs-auto-snapshot, zxfer are pretty easy to install with a Makefile
- intrigued by zfSnap and simplesnapshot as backup tools but damned if I’m going to install them again after my .ko’s got all messed up.
- Was hoping that 0.6.5.3 would have been promoted into 15.10 by now.
So, here’s hoping to getting a properly booting system :-)