Parsley and Hazel
They are getting along nicely.
This beautiful piece of wood was passed on from an instrument builder, it looks like a perfect species for a fretboard. It’s 1-1/4″ thick. I desire 7/8″ for dice to slide, and 13/16″ is narrow enough to make them wedge. I have some narrow gauge saw blades but not nearly so thin as a band…
Maple dice box
I came across a 2×6 scrap of what I’ve been told is maple. I sawed it up into a few dice boxes that I’m using my router to hollow. Each is going to be finished with linseed oil, but constructed in slightly different manners. This one is the first time I’ve used brass threaded inserts,…
Adding Lots of Storage Pools to Libvirt
I do not enjoy having subdirectories involved for storing files in libvert. The virt-manager interface is just way too brutal about how you manually add storage pools. After much ranting, I wrote a bash script to add these directories for my VM disk images. 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 set -e 4 #set -x 5 existing_pools=()…
Bass of Spades assembled!
Jesse worked hard on the Bass from morning to night, with some long interruptions to build fencing around the chicken run. We started off the morning by soldering the knobs and and the pickups. It took filing a rough spot on the bridge and flux to get the ground wire soldered to the bridge. Then…
Adding the poly
Two coats of wipe on poly should be sufficient to keep the paint on.
Stop the dizzy spinning!
A clever way to keep that body from spinning in the breeze of the fan.
Silvering the Bass of Spades
Jesse carefully masked the body of the bass and we primed and sprayed two coats of silver paint on it. And I created a way to stop the body from spinning in the breeze
Staining the Bass of Spades
Jesse has named it The Bass of Spades. We gave a second coat of stain to the headstock and only coat was needed for the body. The neck/fretboard got boiled linseed oil.
Building a bass, 1
Jesse is building an electric bass guitar from a kit we bought from Reverb. We need to sand and finish the neck and body. Then we solder the electronics together. The results will be gratifying. To focus on using supplies we have, we decided to use a darker teak stain for the body and headstock.…