Lifting my bike up on the overhead hook is getting more difficult. Possibly the junk on the floor, likely I’m developing arthritis in my left elbow. This was a good practice making my next block and tackle.
Sunset is the best time to be down on the spit.
I had to squeeze this photo with perspective transform a few times to get the snapshot looking the way I wanted. Smoothed color layer, desaturated contrast layer.
They are getting along nicely.
I came across a 2×6 scrap of what I’ve been told is maple. I sawed it up into a few dice boxes that I’m using my router to hollow. Each is going to be finished with linseed oil, but constructed in slightly different manners. This one is the first time I’ve used brass threaded inserts, which are surprisingly fragile.
I enjoy the look of the separation that exposed the grain.
And three magnets seem to keep it closed well enough. I might use more or use bigger magnets on the next ones.
Jesse is building an electric bass guitar from a kit we bought from Reverb. We need to sand and finish the neck and body. Then we solder the electronics together. The results will be gratifying.
To focus on using supplies we have, we decided to use a darker teak stain for the body and headstock. The fretboard we will treat with linseed oil.
wide desktop 3840×1080
Linseed. 25deg bevel on top edge. Wash the window and attach piano hinge in the morning. #carpentry #diy
This was a good stump to look at.